Pensions Course for Union Officers in the TUC Southern & Eastern Region
9-11 June 2008. Bedford Studio, 1 Bedford Avenue, London, WC1 (2 mins walk from Congress House)
This 3-day course is for union officers and staff who are involved in consultation, negotiation and communication with members on pension schemes, in any sector. No previous knowledge of pensions is assumed. Participants are asked to collect essential information about schemes they deal with and use this information on the course. The course is not suitable for officers or representatives from single workplaces. The aims of the course are as follows:
The course covers essential knowledge in:
- structure of pension schemes – state, occupational, personal
- final salary and money purchase schemes
- issues for scheme members – and non-members
- benefits and retirement age
- funding, investment, and the role of actuaries
- update on legislation
- union strategies.
You will find out how to:
- analyse different schemes
- interpret pensions information
- communicate pensions issues to members
- develop your trade union strategy
- use sources of advice and support.
Download the form below to apply.
|Pensions Course for Union Officers.doc||2.08 MB|